Wednesday, June 28, 2006

wednesday


Today's drive was relatively short but satisfying. The road of the day: Highway 35, also known as Skyline Blvd. This strip of road runs along the crestline of the coastal mountains, running from Hwy 92 near Half Moon Bay down to Hwy 9 in Saratoga. The route is peppered with vista points and turnouts where you can look down and see fantastic views of the bay area on one side, and the cool blue Pacific coast on the other side. The road quality is pretty good for most of the way and the curves are more gentle so this is a good road for finicky passengers and people prone to car-sickness, and you see a lot more sightseers as opposed to hardcore corner-carving enthusiasts.

Well after yesterday's little adventures, today's journey was comparatively uneventful. I ran out of time so I did not get to cruise Hwy 9 but perhaps I will pick up where I left off tomorrow and work my way down to Santa Cruz. Without further ado here are some of my pics.













see more of the Wednesday drive photos here.

No comments: