Thursday, June 29, 2006

thursday

Today's drive was an abbreviated one, because I ran out of time and couldn't make it down to Hwy 9... it will have to wait for another day. I needed to finish getting the Spyder ready for the track day tomorrow, do an oil change etc., and so I only had time for a brief drive up what I call my private test loop: Felter and Sierra, up in the hills over Milpitas and San Jose.

I did see some interesting things out there, but unfortunately I didn't have my digital camera with me so I only snapped a few with my cell phone. Some of them didn't turn out well, so I only have a few to share.


The road twists and turns up in the hills and offers some wonderful views of San Jose and the South Bay. But it narrows down to one lane in parts and has some precipitous drops right off the edge of the road, so you have to take it easy here.






At one point I saw something pretty bizarre: it looks like someone left their engine by the side of the road. Also along the drive I saw a family of turkeys, a mommy and daddy turkey led a few baby turkeys across the road in front of me. I took some pics of these but wouldn't it be just my luck, they didn't come out.

Tomorrow I wrap up the week of drives with the ultimate drive -- a trip up to Thunderhill Raceway where I get to push the Spyder to the limit.

No comments: