Friday, June 02, 2006

prime

Hey, it's Friday so you get 2-for-1 action today on the blog!
Just caught wind of a live-action Transformers movie that will be out in Summer 2007. Director Michael Bay (The Rock, Armageddon) will team up with DreamWorks and executive producer Steven Spielberg. That should be awesome. I was a big fan of the Transformers when I was a kid, and watched the cartoon series on TV every day. In fact I think I am going to add the 1986 Transformers: The Movie to my Blockbuster queue. The improvements in computer generated animation and special effects in the past few years are amazing and this kind of movie would not have been possible 5 or 10 years ago.

For a taste of what the movie might look like (only less violent and a little bit more of a metrosexual tone), check out this Citroen C4 ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ckJFNkra8&search=citroen%20C4

The film's official site (too early to see much there): http://www.transformerslive.com/

Coming out in the next few weeks are two other auto-related films -- The Pixar animation film Cars, and Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. I'm excited about Cars, but I'm not so sure how I feel about Tokyo Drift. I'll probably end up going to see both, but I feel a lot more confident that Cars will do well in the box office. Tokyo Drift will be exciting to watch I'm sure but I have a feeling bad acting and poor scripting will be weighing that one down. One upside though, "Snowman" Paul Walker won't be in this third installment of the series... we need a new white boy to teach the Japanese how to race and drift! Yeah, right.

No comments: