Friday, July 14, 2006

vindication


Stalwart readers will recall my post discontentment, in which I chronicled the near-epic tragedy that befell pizza-lovers J. and myself when we ordered a combo pizza from Vito's Pizzeria in Newark. Well after some time had passed to distance us from that little fiasco I was ready to give them another chance, and so last Thursday I stopped by on the way home from work and picked up a large cheese-and-pepperoni pizza, being sure to specify that I wanted it thin-crust. And this time, they did not dissappoint. Very thin crust, and just the right amount of cheese and tomato sauce. I brought it home and within minutes J. and I had devoured nearly all of the pie. We left like two slices for V., who came home late from work. Ya snooze, ya lose!

Well after that small tasting we were all hankering for some more this week, so I visited Vito's again last night after work and picked up an extra-large this time. When I got home both V. and J. were eagerly awaiting the delivery. Moments later we were all in pizza heaven. "So thin, so perfect", J. praised. V. and I nodded in assent, mouths full of cheesy goodness. After about half of the pizza was gone, we started nitpicking ... the crust could be crispier, the edge crust could be smaller ... but man, we couldn't deny that it was good. Seems like the key is to keep it simple, by just ordering cheese or cheese and pepperoni, and to ask them to make it thin crust. So now I can definitely recommend Vito's -- we might just have to make every Thursday night pizza night at Vito's.

I am going to have to watch my intake of pizza though -- looks like I am up this week to -4.5 pounds from start weight.

No comments: