Sunday, July 02, 2006

tenderness

Last night we went out with friends and checked out a restaurant in Burlingame that serves prime rib, very similar to House of Prime Rib up in San Francisco. This place is called Broadway Prime and they are on Broadway Ave in Burlingame. And as you might guess from the names, these restaurants specialize in serving some of the juiciest, most tender cuts of beef prime rib out there.

I was very impressed with Broadway Prime, and how similar it was to House of Prime Rib. The menu is just as basic, you essentially have one page listing different size cuts of prime rib, and the option of having steak or a fish of the day instead of prime rib. Other than that, you pick a side of either spinach or corn, and baked or mashed potatoes. All dinners come with salad, and a little piece of bread-pudding. It's all good stuff, and I chose the Broadway cut, their largest offering of prime rib. (At the House of Prime Rib they call it the King Henry VIII cut.) When they brought it out it was a huge slab of beef, probably about 16 oz. of meat on a bone. I was able to finish it, but just barely.

V. ordered the fish instead, which was grilled sea-bass. It was a pretty large serving as well, but I had a taste of it and it was a little too dense, and maybe a bit overcooked because it was somewhat dry. Just goes to show that you shouldn't go to a steakhouse and then order fish! Well some places do fish well even when it's not their specialty, but this wasn't the case this time.

Well, it was a very good meal overall, and I would recommend this place to anyone interested in some good prime rib. Just don't get the fish.

For every action, there is a consequence. Having indulged a bit this weekend, I am back up a few pounds from last week, so I am now at -5 lbs from start. I have to watch myself as I get back on the good eating bandwagon.


(photo courtesy of jatbar.com)

No comments: