Saturday, March 04, 2006

roadworthy

I got an offer in the mail that I can't refuse from Delphi. They're selling the kit that lets me turn my XM Roady2 satellite radio receiver into a portable unit with headphones for only $20! It's normally $150 which was way too much. I had to order one. The antenna is built into the headphones, and I'm assuming it runs on regular batteries. So I wonder if I will be able to take the portable unit and plug it into the aux input on my Lexus without the headphones. That way I won't have any annoying power cables running through the interior of the car.

You may have heard that Delphi is not doing well. They filed for bankruptcy last October. Maybe this is their way of raising some cash, selling off their extra inventory. Or maybe my dollars are going right into one of their executive's golden parachute. Who knows, I just hope they stay in business long enough to ship my order!

And in case you're wondering, yeah XM is great. No commercials, 80+ channels of music, what's not to like? I may be checking out Sirius for a little bit though -- my Lexus comes with with free 9-month subscription to Sirius and a receiver that they'll install when the kit arrives at the dealership.

http://www.delphioffer.com/xm3roady2/

No comments: