Sunday, March 26, 2006

impervious

At long last!! The day finally came for Sam and his crew from Premier Mobile Aesthetics Group to come out and install the clear bra on my IS350. Thankfully my car had only picked up a handful of rock chips on the highway since I bought it, and I tried to patch them up as best as I could with some touch-up paint before the install.

These guys came totally prepared with all kinds of tools, rolls of protective film, and probably a dozen spray bottles. It took them about two and half hours to complete the install, and I got to watch them work their magic. They take flat pieces of film, and with lots of finesse and technique they massage them onto all the curved pieces of the car with nary a wrinkle or crease. It takes a lot of patience, and an attentive eye for detail. I am a bit of a perfectionist myself but obviously don't have the skills that these guys have... that's why I am glad they did the install!

A big thank you to Sam and the guys from Premier -- now I can take the car out on the highways, without having to worry about rock chips or bug splats ruining my day. Now to get through the last few hundred miles of the break-in period...

No comments: