Saturday, June 21, 2008

NYC5

On my last day in NYC, I decided to take a scenic walk through Manhattan. I started from the GM building on 5th Avenue where our office is, and headed south through all the ritzy hotels and luxury shopping destinations. I walked past the iconic St. Patrick's Cathedral, Trump Tower, the NY Public Library, and the Empire State Building. Then I headed up Broadway towards Times Square, walked amongst the throngs of people there, saw a parade under way on 6th Ave., and walked past Radio City Music Hall back to the office to catch my ride to JFK airport by 1PM. So I covered about 50+ city blocks in 2.5 hours on foot, Niko Bellic eat your heart out.

Unfortunately the tight time frame meant I didn't have time to stop anywhere to grab some NY style pizza, but I didn't think the pizza around Times Square was going to be that great anyways. I was hoping to hit up Brooklyn on the way to the airport but my driver was not too cooperative and said we were going through Queens to get to JFK so it wasn't on the way.

Anyways I ended up at the airport early and the security checkpoint was nowhere near as busy I had been led to believe, so went into the gates and I hit up the pizzeria for a pair of strombolis, which are kind of like calzones. Good stuff for airport fare. Anyways the flight home was pretty uneventful and I got some work done in between sips of vodka and Coke and snacking on some Terra Blue chips. That's how I roll, baby.


For the rest of my phone camera pics from NYC, click here to my Photobucket album.

No comments: