Thursday, April 10, 2008

ten

Sometimes amazing things happen based on a simple idea or concept. Take the number 10 for instance. It has amazing significance. We have 10 fingers and 10 toes, and therefore our whole system of counting is based on factors of 10. It has a 1 and an 0, the two basic elements of the binary code language that man-made machines speak. Everywhere you look around, the number 10 plays a huge role in our lives.

I should know. My birthday is on October 10, the 10th day of the 10th month of the year.

Ok, don't get too creeped out. I'm trying to get somewhere with this, and it's really quite simple. A thought that just occurred to me today. It's not that politically correct to say something like this, and certainly not the "green" way to live, but I feel it in my heart just the same. Here it is:

I WILL own a V10 someday.

OK, maybe it wasn't the ground-breaking bombshell discovery or revelation you were looking for. But it caused ripples of cause and effect which could have amazing consequences further down the road. Walk with me a little further.

In case it's not clear, what I mean is I intend to own a V10-powered car someday. Why? Because we have 10 fingers on our hands and 10 toes on our feet. Because being born on 10/10 gives me the right, nay, the obligation to fulfill my automotive manifest destiny. Is it the most eco-friendly thing to want or have, given our bleak future of depleted oil resources, expensive gas prices, and global warming? Most definitely not. But you cannot deny my logic. 10 is the number that must be dominant, 10 is the number of cylinders that must power the vehicle of my dreams and make my life complete.

So let's take a look at what we're talking about here. What cars are available with a V10 engine? Not too many, really. The now discontinued Porsche Carrera GT would have been a great candidate. The Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 is a serious contender. The Dodge Viper SRT-10 is another option. If I wanted to be practical I could even consider the BMW M5 Touring or the Audi RS6 Avant, which are German-speak for really really ridiculously fast station wagon. I have to admit, I may be doing myself a disservice by categorically excluding all the fine vehicles out there that are driven by a V8 motor, or a V12. But I must be true to my calling.

That's all well and good you say, but what is so ground-breaking about saying I want a V10? Nothing much, in and of itself. But when one realizes that these V10 machines are not cheap, but one still has the aspirations or dare I say, mandate! of owning one, then one has to get down to brass tacks and git 'er done, as the good ol' boys in the South would say. So it's time to get cracking on the revenue generation, bringing home the bacon, making the dough. That's the ripple -- it changes everything we do, in cause and effect.

You might have noticed a few subtle changes on this blog site. I've slyly added some advertising for Amazon in the sidebar, and a link at the bottom of the page where you can search and shop the whole Amazon site. If you're already shopping at Amazon to buy your favorite books, DVDs, music or other cool stuff, help me out and click through from here to make your purchases! Gift certificates also make great gifts! No additional cost to you, and it's a few pennies more to my V10 fund! I'll change the sidebar links from time to time to recommend some cool movies or books or whatever that I would recommend based on my own enjoyment of these items.

V is also on a newfound entrepreunerial charge, working to become a health and beauty consultant and teaming with Market America to sell products like vitamins, nutraceuticals and makeup. Her new business is called Princess Health and Beauty. If you're into that stuff then take a look at her new blog, and also her homepage linked in the sidebar.

Not to be outdone, I'm going to be playing mini-venture capitalist, throwing around some of my hard-earned bucks in various investments. I've taken a few risks and gambles by choosing to invest in what is viewed by many as a very shaky time economically but it may well pay off (literally I hope!). I've got some money in banking and commercial transaction institutions, some money in some aggressive mutual funds, and even some foreign investment funds. Wish me luck.

So today is 4/10/08. And in 6 months, it will be 10/10/08. Check back in to see how we're doing, maybe in 6 months we'll be coming up perfect 10s... and riding in style in a V10-powered car.

1 comment:

P.Mok said...

I totally forgot to mention the Lexus LF-A as one of my possible V10 options -- it's not in production yet but maybe by the time I rake in the moolah I can put a deposit down on one ...