Thursday, April 17, 2008

gran(d)


Today is a big day for racing sim fans and PS3 fans -- it's launch day for Gran Turismo: 5 Prologue.

It actually hit the PlayStation Network last night as a downloadable game but will also be available in stores for purchase on Blu-Ray media today. I've already placed my order on Amazon and took advantage of a $5 off online coupon but the downside is, I won't get the game until sometime next week most likely. Things at work will probably keep me busy over the weekend anyways but you can bet I will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of what undoubtedly is one of the most hotly anticipated and wildly popular PS3 games that will come out this year.


The other huge release of the year comes out April 29th but is a multi-platform game -- Grand Theft Auto IV. I'm definitely going to be picking that up at the end of this month, and then I may well disappear off the grid for a while as I explore and fight to conquer the virtual world of Liberty City.

Speaking of grids, GT5P may see some intense competition later this summer from game developer Codemasters -- from a game called GRID. Check out the preview trailer below from IGN. I will probably be picking this one up as well when it comes out, it should really give GT5P a run for the money:



These are exciting times... I mean, GT5P and GTA IV are the games that I essentially bought my PS3 for. At long last, they are here. Both games also feature new online multiplayer functionality that should give them tons of replay value long after I finish the single-player modes.

No comments: