Friday, June 08, 2007

rehabilitation

I've had a week off from work and plenty of time to think about updating this blog, but of course I've been lazy and decided to spend that time doing other things, like recovering from the madness of trial, eating and playing video games. Spending a lot of time in virtual Miami as Tony Montana in Scarface: The World Is Yours. It's bloody, violent, chock-full of vulgarity, and it's great fun. What other game lets you zoom in and target the left or right testicle of your target before you blast him with your rifle? "Say hello to my lil' friend!"

Also spent time catching up on all the television I missed while I was away at trial. Watched recorded episodes of The Apprentice, Lost, and American Idol. Caught a few Formula 1 races as well. Young F1 rookie Lewis Hamilton is really making a name for himself, finishing in the top 3 in every race he's run so far -- setting a new record in Formula 1 racing. Poor Robert Kubica at BMW, who was a rookie last year and my pick as one to watch this season, has been overshadowed by this young British talent who is racing alongside reigning champion Fernando Alonso at McLaren and wowing everyone with his skill.

I decided as my gift to myself after the trial I would get a new exhaust for my Lexus IS350 -- after having performance exhausts on my other two cars the Lexus was really too quiet for me. I decided on the Tanabe Touring Medallion dual exhaust after hearing it in person on another car -- gives it a nice deep tone and growl without being too loud and obnoxious. It also saves some weight and adds some power over the stock exhaust system so I have some performance benefits as well.

I was going to record some video clips of the new and improved sound, but through the power of the internet, conveniently here is a video someone recorded of the exact same car with the exact same exhaust -- it's even the same color so this looks just like my car. Good stuff.

So now I'm back at work, back in the office -- and suddenly I have time to update my blog. Funny how things work out huh? Happy Friday.

No comments: