Wednesday, June 27, 2007

flavors


As I have professed in the past, I am a lover of chicken wings, and certainly am willing to go out of my way to find a good chicken wing. They actually opened up a Hooters near my house, but no I haven't been over there yet. However I was pleasantly surprised to learn that there are several Wingstop restaurants in the Fremont area -- another option for wings, and not just buffalo-style wings either. If you're not into the bright orange wings they offer various wing flavors such as hickory smoked BBQ, teriyaki, lemon-pepper.

If you go to the website, football Hall-of-Famer Troy Aikman proudly proclaims, "they're the best wings I've ever tasted!" Well I'm not sure I agree with Troy who may have been tackled a few too many times to have any credible sense of taste left. I kind of think he must have part ownership of the chain or something? Anyways the wings are good, but not the best I've had. I recommend the Original Hot and the Garlic Parmesan flavors, but their seasoned french fries are also very good. They're a lot closer to me than University Chicken but UC has bigger wings and tastier sauce. That's too bad because WS is on my way home from work and I can see myself going there a lot more often. To add to the convenience they even accept online orders at the once closest to me, and I can place my order at work with a few clicks and pick it up on the way home! Pretty cool. And when you sign up for the online account they sent me a coupon for a free order of fries for the next order, very nice.

In summary I don't think Wingstop provides as memorable a dining experience as a place like University Chicken or House of Chicken and Waffles, but as a convenient place to stop and get some wings when you've got that hankering, it's a good choice.

Also really quick I went and checked out another local burger joint, Mission Burger near Ohlone College. Very good charbroiled burger, a little better than Bob's Burgers and nearly as close to my place. I think I'm going to start hitting them up more often when I feel like a burger.

No comments: