Sunday, October 15, 2006

excursion

We're now only a week away from our next big vacation trip, and I have to say I am a bit excited about it -- after considering travel to places like Tahiti, Bora Bora and Hawaii, we decided on Los Cabos in Baja California. A major draw for me was the much shorter travel time so we can spend less time in transit and more time on the beach. It's only about 4 hours total air time to sunny San Jose Del Cabo airport. And let's not forget my love of Mexican food. To go way back in time, I have wanted to visit Mexico (and no, trips to Tijuana do not count) ever since I read all about their beaches in the 1989 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Besides the usual fabulous supermodels in swimwear, the 25th anniversary issue also was chock full of information about Mexico's beaches, and I probably spent more time reading about them than staring at Kathy Ireland's photos. OK maybe not, but I did read through their 100 things to know about Mexico pretty carefully.

Anyways fast forward to 2006 and I managed to talk V. into planning our next vacation in Mexico. Beautiful beaches, abundant seafood, plush resorts -- what's not to like? We'll be in Los Cabos for 1 week and we each picked a hotel.
For the first 4 days we'll stay at my choice, the Casa Del Mar resort -- we'll enjoy a Luxury Suite with ocean views and be pampered at what was picked as one of the top 10 Mexican Beach Resorts by the Travel Channel. It's a fairly small resort with only 56 suites and we're sure to enjoy the quiet and private setting by the beach.

After that, we'll spend 3 more days in Cabo staying at V.'s pick, the Presidente Inter-continental Los Cabos Resort. It's a larger resort -- featuring 400 rooms and 6 restaurants. It's also an "all-inclusive" resort which means all food and drinks are included in the cost. With 24-hour room service, I may never leave the place. I have some reservations about the quality of the food and amenities at these all-inclusive places, but I guess we'll have to see.

Anyways there should be lots to see and do in Los Cabos such as snorkeling, boating, kayaking, horseback riding, cactus-petting. OK I made up that last one. Stay tuned for photos from our trip.

No comments: