Sunday, May 21, 2006

procrastination


The latest American Le Mans Series (ALMS) race aired this morning on CBS, live from the Mid-Ohio Race Course in, you guessed it, Ohio. I have it recorded on my Comcastic DVR and plan to watch it when I have time, but I did catch the start of it this morning before going into work. (Yeah, I know it's Sunday. Duty calls.)

Anyways, still no sign of the new Lexus IS350s that Team Lexus is supposed to be campaigning for the 2006 ALMS season. But some news at least, sounds like they may be showing up at the next ALMS race which takes place in July at Lime Rock Park (in CT I think?). They want to make sure the car is ready before it enters competition. At any event it looks like they should be testing soon, and hopefully we'll see some cool photos of the new cars in finished form. Until then we just have these teaser photos.

http://tunertuesdays.autoblog.com/2006/05/14/lexus-is-350-readies-for-american-le-mans-series-debut/

Lexus buildup part 1: http://www.lexus.com/assets/magazine/current/magazine/vehicles/vehicles_0.html#
Lexus buildup part 2: http://www.lexus.com/assets/magazine/current/magazine/is_racing/is_racing_0.html

It's raining today, which is a bit of a downer but there's always an upside... now I don't have to wash my car again for a while. I was really starting to gather up some nasty bug guts all over the front end of the IS from my daily commute through the swamplands. But a brisk 80mph drive through the sheets of rain and backspray on the highways helped clear some of that off. once the weather clears up again though, I really need to start taking advantage of the free car washes at the dealership.

No comments: