Sunday, April 16, 2006

psychosomatic


Well I can hardly believe it but it happened again. V. brought home another puppy. It's another female Malte-Poo mix, and we have called her Chanel No. 2. But wait, there's more!

She ordered the dog behind my back, because she KNEW I wouldn't have let her get one. She even enlisted the help of a friend to order the dog under her name and went to pick up the dog in secret while I was at work.

I came home Friday night and there they were, waiting for me, not sure what my reaction would be. I was in disbelief. V. said she really wanted the dog again, and wanted to show that she could be responsible and care for it. I predicted the dog probably wouldn't last 10 days. The previous dog didn't even make it a week before she was sold.

Sure enough, by Saturday night V. was ready to sell the little squirt. Despite the fact that the dog does not shed and is hypoallergenic, she was claiming that the dog made her itchy and that she must be allergic to it. Up she went on craigslist. Strangely, there were no calls from buyers dying to take this dog home with them. I was glad in a dark sort of way, if she hadn't learned her lesson the first time, well she would certainly learn this time!

So 9 days have gone by and we still have her. This dog is actually a little easier to deal with than the first one. It's much more quiet and docile than Chanel No. 1, and loves to sit and nap in someone's lap. When you let it out of its cage it just wants to hop into your lap and there it will stay. It would be a great companion for an older person who doesn't have the energy to chase a puppy around the house. It's already got enough bladder control to hold it for 7 hours straight, so we don't even have to get up in the middle of the night to take it outside. So it's the ideal dog for us really, but V. still wants to get rid of it. I think the longer we keep it the more the dog will grow on her, but we'll see... tomorrow is day 10, and a potential buyer may come take her away. Right on schedule.

No comments: