Sunday, October 14, 2012

fusillade

All set up and waiting.

I woke up early this morning to get out to the local range to try and get some shooting in before it was time to head down to have lunch with my mom.  I was very anxious to put some rounds through my new SIG522 rifle now that I got the iron sights put in.  But when I headed up into the hills where the Chabot Gun Club is, the fog was incredibly thick.  Arriving right at the time they normally open, I was greeted with the sight of  a very quiet range.  They were holding all shooting until the fog cleared.  So I set up everything, even loaded my magazines and waited for the word.  An hour went by, and every time the fog cleared up a little, a few minutes later more fog rolled in.  Ughh.  Called my mom and pushed lunch back a little further.  Finally 2 hours of waiting paid off, the fog started to burn off and the sun peeked through the gloom.  Time to put up the targets and commence firing!


How did I do?
I was very happy with the results right off the bat.  I had the local gun shop Imbert & Smithers install the sights for me and it seems they did a bang-up job dialing them in.  Seemed perfect for the 25 yd distance I was shooting at today.  I didn't have to make any adjustments.  The SIG performed beautifully, made it so easy to nail the target.  Maybe 25 yds is too easy, next time I will have to move up to 50 yds and see if I can still keep it nice and tight.  Wish I had more fun time at the range, but I had to head back home and get ready for lunch with mom.

No comments: