Sunday, April 22, 2012

photometric

Congratulations to my brother-in-law JT and his beautiful bride Kim who had their wedding yesterday.  I of course brought my Nikon D5000 along for photos.  Yesterday was an awesome day of fun and love, topped off by a fantastic sunset dinner cruise through the San Francisco Bay, under the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge.  It was a small, intimate wedding day so it was truly special and full of emotional moments.




I think the D5000 takes great pics but for these kinds of low-lit and back-lit situations I am starting to wonder if I should upgrade and get a DSLR with a full-frame sensor.  At night there were definitely some times where the autofocus was not working too well in the dark.  I could probably also benefit from an external flash.  Oh what an expensive hobby.  But the technology advances so quickly now.  Nikon has the new D3200 DSLR now and it has a whopping 24 MP resolution (compared to the 12 MP of my D5000), and it costs less than what I paid for my D5000 new.  Of course it's not a full-frame sensor either, but it is tempting to make a small upgrade and still be able to use my AF-S lenses.

No comments: