Thursday, December 20, 2007

framework

What would you do with two weeks off from work if you didn't have anywhere to go? My plans to either visit my bro in San Diego or take a roadtrip to Las Vegas have fallen through, so I'm just hanging out in the Bay Area. Truth be told, it's been 4 days off so far and I haven't even left Fremont. I've hardly left the house. I made a run to Blockbuster and picked up some new movies to watch. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End on Blu-Ray, and Transformers (sadly, not available on Blu-Ray). Other recent Blu-Ray viewings include Live Free or Die Hard and Layer Cake. And I just bought The Departed and Happy Feet in a buy 1 get one free deal from Amazon.com.

Lest you think I'm a complete couch potato (though that isn't too far from the truth), I've also been decorating around the house. Too many blank walls to stare at, something needed to be done. But no overpriced or boring store-bought art for me. I rounded up my best digital photos that I've taken over the years and sent them to print at Ritz Photo -- enlargements and prints are available for me to pickup at the local store in an hour. Then a few trips to Aaron Brothers for some picture frames. They've got a sweet 40% off coupon you can print from their website. After spending about $50 in prints and about $100 in frames, and some fun with laser levels and an electric stud finder, I have some very cool looking art hanging on the walls -- and I know I won't see it anywhere else because they're truly unique. To fully appreciate them, you'll just have to drop by and see them in person.

No comments: