Tuesday, March 06, 2007

deflation


I had another lesson last week in the "you gotta pay to play" category ... got a flat on my IS350 while driving into work. The low tire warning light came on just as I pulled into the parking lot. Sure enough, a tire was leaking badly. Just like that, I needed a new rear 255/40-18 tire. Went to the local tire shop, they said that tire is toast, couldn't be repaired. That one tire would set me back $345 and take a week to order. Yowza! I called around and fortunately my Lexus dealer had one in stock, for $296. Woohoo. I could saved some bucks buying it on Tirerack.com, but I can't be driving around on my donut spare tire all week long (what an attractive pale yellow hue the steel wheel has!) so I bit the bullet and got the new tire installed. I guess that's the price we pay for performance.

No comments: