Tuesday, December 26, 2006

prolific

Yeah, it's a quiet day at work so the internet is my friend... I thought, hey what's up with Chow Yun-Fat these days? Plenty it seems...

Chow Yun-Fat stars as the Chinese Emperor in a new epic Chinese movie that's out now in select theaters, The Curse of the Yellow Flower. The movie also co-stars Gong Li and Jay Chou. The movie is directed by Zhang Yimou, who also directed Hero and House of Flying Daggers so you know there'll be plenty of people flying around and crazy swordfights.

In March 2007, a videogame titled John Woo Presents Stranglehold will release for the Playstation 3. It's a third-person shooter that brings back the Inspector Tequila character from the 1992 Woo classic Hard-Boiled, in a battle against the mob. The characters will be computer rendered but the voice will be done by Chow Yun-Fat. Being a huge Woo and Chow fan I most likely will have to pick that up.

And we all probably knew that a 3rd Pirates of the Carribean was in the works, but how many of you knew that Chow Yun-Fat was cast in it? I guess the characters sail to the edge of the world, and run into him. He plays "Captain Sao Feng", and photos from the set show him sporting a shiny bald dome and a mean-looking Fu Manchu moustache. Hey now I know who I can be for Halloween 2007...

3 comments:

D. said...

Curse of the Mums had less flying people and fights than you would think. Seems more like an acid-trip movie for a great deal of it.

Going in with low expectations, it was pretty decent, and lots of, as the Mainland press laments, bao zi all around too. Tasty.

P.Mok said...

yeah so I saw it last weekend and it was pretty good, but a bit slower than I expected. Plenty of blood in the final battle, but more of a drama than an action flick. I don't know what bao zi is, but if you are referring to the abundant cleavage throughout the film, then I concur.

D. said...

The Chinese press calls them that - you should be up on your food lingo, given the gusto you've demonstrated on here.

I also saw Volver the same weekend. Coining a new term - Empanadas?!?