Monday, November 20, 2006

desecration

"What's more chicken s*** than f***in with another man's automobile? I mean, don't f*** with another man's vehicle."
- Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Some PunkAssBeotch (TM)* keyed my Lexus last week. I only discovered it this weekend looking at my car in the garage. But I can pretty much guess when it happened. We went out for dinner on Thursday night and that was the only time I parked the car outside in public recently besides at work. So somebody probably keyed it while we were inside having dinner.

They left one long scratch across the passenger side of the car, spanning across the two doors. I am hoping that the scratch isn't so deep that it requires a repaint across the doors and the adjacent panels, maybe it can just be buffed out by the body shop. But you can feel the scratch with your finger so it is pretty deep. Lame. I'm not as pissed as I thought I would be, but it's still pretty annoying.

Fortunately my comprehensive deductible is $0 so I won't have to pay anything out of pocket to fix it, but I still have to take it in to a body shop to get it fixed and be without the car for a few days I'm sure. I have a real good shop I've used several times now, and referred to my friends as well. It's Superior Body Shop in San Carlos and they are also the preferred vendor for several insurance companies. We'll see how much the estimate comes out to be.

* PAB is my personally trademarked expression. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its the lenght of time for the repairs and their lies about the job taking so long. I say good luck.