Wednesday, September 13, 2006

accession

I'm happy to announce a new addition to the household. Loyal readers may recall that back in February we briefly had a pair of betta fish but they kicked the bucket in record time. Well that was the end of our fish-owning aspirations for a while, but some time has passed now and I guess it was about time to give it a shot again. And just in the nick of time, fortune brings us another chance. My bro-in-law J. brought home another betta fish that he won at a carnival, and we dubbed him Spencer.

Spencer's a tough little guy, he was awful hungry when we brought him home. We feed him twice a day but sometimes we forget. The other day V. forgot to give him dinner when I was working late, and the following morning when I fed him he seemed downright angry, snapping up the food with a quick gulp that I could actually hear. Anyways he seems to be holding up quite well and we look forward to many days of watching him flap his little blue fins and munching on some grub.

No comments: