Friday, August 11, 2006

appetency


As you probably know by now food is never far from my mind... there's always a great meal out there waiting to be discovered.

Claimjumper is opening up a restaurant at the nearby Pacific Commons here in Fremont ... there's a countdown on their website that currently reads 9 days, 17 hours ... that means the Monday following the next weekend they'll be open for business! I have heard good things about their menu, prices and serving sizes so I'll be sure to go check the place out shortly after they open.

It's been nearly 2 months since my dental work and I've slowly rediscovered all my favorite foods -- burritos, pizza, burgers --but one thing remains on my list: fried chicken. I loves me some chicken but unfortunately there aren't really that many great fried chicken places around here. All we have is KFC and Popeye's nearby, which might have to do because I am really starting to crave it. I hear good things about the House of Chicken & Waffles place at Jack London Square in Oakland (not affiliated with the original Roscoe's chain based in L.A.). One of the late nights coming home from the in-laws' place in Richmond I might have to stop in there for a taste, but when do I ever leave the place without being completely stuffed silly?

Addendum: I almost forgot to mention, I've been seeing these great ads on TV for the new Triple Prime burger at Ruby Tuesday. Only thing is, the nearest Ruby Tuesday is about 93 miles away in Woodland, CA! Might be worth it to make the drive up there though, that burger really sounds good.

For those who are tracking my weight loss progress, there's not much to report ... I seem to be hovering at around -5 lbs.

4 comments:

D. said...

Dude, driving 93 miles to a Ruby's Tuesday is so not worth it. Even if those of 93 pampered miles in your Lex.

Go to TJ's and get yourself the buffalo burger patties.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. lina holzbauer

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace dale tuck